A Dreamer's Dreams

Saturday, August 13, 2011

A Genuine Surprise

This year's Enrollment and Awards day is the best day ever in my BB life.
Apart from joining BB, that is.

Was in charge of the awards giving. Actually all i do is refill the tray and hold the tray while the officer give out those awards. No sweat.

At least that's what i thought, until nearing the end of the awards giving session.
Sir Loh was announcing those people who would be promoted this year.
I knew there was no chance for me this year. Don't think i'd ever be promoted.
And if you know me, i think you'd know why.
I was dreading the day of EnA where everyone in my batch would be promoted.
And me left there as a lowly Private. Not that i blame them. It's my own fault, really.

Anyway, this year's list of people i knew for sure would go up one rank:
Daniel, Xuan, Mel.....
And i was the one carrying the awards tray for promotions.
Sure enough, those people mentioned were all promoted. And some others like Kristine, Isaac, Samuel etc.
They came up one by one and i congratulated them with a smile. I was so admiring them that i didn't really listen to Sir Loh.

Sir Loh was saying the next one: " Very serious, cried when she didn't do well in drill...etc."
Wait a minute, that sounds familiar.
And then I heard my name. "Lim Joo Yee".
That was when my mouth fell open and i nearly dropped the tray. (No sweat, huh?)

Amelia came to my rescue and took the tray from me. I still couldn't believe it when I marched up to Honorary Captain Irene Wee and received my Lance Corporal lanyard and stuff.
It still didn't sink in until I got handshakes and pats on the back and hugs.....

Yup. Me, the rather invisible girl becoming a Non-commissioned Officer. A lance corporal.
It was a dream come true. A miracle.

To God and to all my kind officers: I don't think i really deserve the promotion. But I'll put in my very best.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home